Friday, August 21, 2009

Do you hear me?

Question...have you ever felt like you were talking, but your partner just wasn't hearing ANYTHING? I'm sure we've all been there right. For some reason you can't get your other to understand where you are coming from. You try to talk, you end up yelling, and before you know it you both are just angry...maybe even not speaking. Interestingly enough your partner usually has the exact complaints about you. If both parties are trying so hard to communicate then why is it so hard to hear each other?
Communication is such an important aspect of a relationship, but its also where many relationships fall apart. So what do you do when it seems like you and your other just can't get on the same page? How do you move forward? When do you just call it quits?

4 comments:

~Feenix~ said...

Chile, this seems like an excerpt straight from my blog..parts 2 3 and 4 and maybe 5(depending)...

I have no clue but my time apart from "the other" has given me time to think. I suggest that (and I am taking my own advice) is that you schedule a time and place to talk (a la meeting) and have an agenda (list of things you want to talk about) and before you guys start, promise to let the other get out everything before you respond (it may help to take notes on things to address and respond to) when its your turn.

Feel me?

~JSW said...

you basically described a debate. I recall watching the last presidential debate and there was a place to talk, questions that had been submitted from the public, and both candidates took notes on what the other said so they could address them in their rebuttal...lol.

~Feenix~ said...

Well if the shoe fits...and its effective then hell call it what you want LOL

Mamalicious said...

the fact is that not everyone communicates the same way. i talk talk talk all day....irv listens. he does not input or really respond....until a few days later. like he needs time to process. and this used to piss me right off, until i figured out this is what he does. he does listen, but he addresses things in his own time. i can't make him communicate any other way, so i do my thing and let him do his. talking it out makes me feel better, or i write a letter if our schedules don't match up for a big (one-sided) talk session. got to figure out how to communicate with your SO, and work it out!