Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Tricky Thing Called Trust

Question…how do you repair trust? Trust is a tricky thing. It is essential to any relationship, however it’s so fragile. Trust can easily be broken, scared, tainted, or shattered. Once this has happened what do you do? How do you fix it? Once something has been done to affect the trust in a relationship can it ever be fixed completely? For example if someone breaks into your house and steals your TV. You can get an alarm, replace the TV, but the feeling of violation lingers for quite sometime and you never have the same level of comfort you had before. Is the same thing true with trust in a relationship? Can people really forgive and forget or do we just forgive and try not to think about? I know that I am extremely forgiving. I can forgive almost anything, but I never forget anything. Even if I have forgiven someone depending on their action I never have the same level of comfort or trust for them I once did. Is it possible to go back to the way things used to be? And if so how?

3 comments:

~Feenix~ said...

My answer is NO! Flat out! No matter how much you say so the act of violation will remain and anything that is remotely similar will cause past events to playback like a movie. It will NEVER be the same...

Mamalicious said...

this is so true. and even if you do move on/forgive, once it's messed with again, the old feelings come back and you are worse than 'square one'.

StilettoQueen79 said...

I so agree....I have forgiven, but have rarely forgotten...But my mom tends to think that I have not embraced 'forgiveness', if I have not TRIED to forget (to a certain extent)...I am truly my mother's daughter, but I cannot get with that forgetting stuff, b/c then that same deed that caused the broken trust in the first place may resurface...and i just don't want to take that chance.