Thursday, February 26, 2009

Does Size Matter?

Questions...Does size really matter? No I'm not talking about the size of that, I'm talking about ring size. I have a friend that is all into engagement rings. She always knew that she wanted a big ring. Part of her theory was that especially if the woman has had to put up with shenanigans during the course of the relationship, the man needs to put in some work for the ring. I've always thought that when I do get proposed to I'd just be happy with whatever ring I was given. Of course, who wouldn't appreciate an eye catcher, but ultimately it was the thought behind the ring rather than the size of it. But if you are that person that wants a rock and you get a pebble, then what? Does it mean the person loves you any less? Do you simply take it and smile or voice your concern about it? And what are the implications of that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The bigger the better!

Anonymous said...

An opinion HAS to be voiced, because otherwise, you will be unhappy and it will show. On the other hand, the guy may be thinking that he has done a good job in picking out that "little thing". If the guy can't afford anything bigger and of better quality at present, maybe you all can come to an agreement that he will invest in something "a little more to your liking" at a later date.

Wendy said...

It doesn't matter to me, personally. I have a simple gold band and never had an engagement ring. But then again I'm not a jewelry person either. I love my gold band... it's simple, pretty (very high quality, not a cheap one) and suits my personality.

It bothers me that sometimes women are snooty about their engagement rings. If a woman wants a big diamond ring, then I think she can pick out her "dream ring" and she can wait for her wedding until the man can pay for it. If he has to buy a big luxury, then I think she should make some sacrifice, too. I feel it's a hardship and a lot of pressure on men for them to figure out what women want and try to please them.

~Feenix~ said...

WOW Wendy, I couldn't have said it better. If you care to check out what M. Mtumbo did when his girlfriend failed to sign the prenup... Google: how athletes go broke.